If you are planning to get a divorce, but desire a process that is less adversarial than litigation and will spare you having to attend court, you are likely looking for other methods to amicably dissolve your marriage. Thankfully, you have options. Collaborative divorce is one such option and provides a variety of benefits for those who wish to avoid the drama of divorce litigation.
If you choose to get divorced through a collaborative divorce, here are some of the benefits you and your family can reap from using this approach:
- You will not have to go to court: One of the biggest benefits of choosing a collaborative divorce is the fact that you will not have to attend court. At the start of the process, you will be asked to sign an agreement and commit yourself to achieve a resolution outside of court.
- It is better for your children: If you and your spouse have children, you will still have to be in each other’s lives long after the dust from your divorce settles. Going through a collaborative divorce will give the two of you a chance to begin rebuilding a new relationship as co-parents since it is a process that demands cooperation, negotiation, and compromise.
- It takes less time and costs less money: Since you and your spouse will not have to go to court to end your marriage, you will be able to determine your own schedule and pace instead of having to wait for months to appear in court due to its packed schedule. Additionally, due to the fact that you will not have to waste too much time in court or go through the discovery process, you will also be able to save money by choosing this approach.
- Your divorce will remain private: Divorce litigation is not a private process, so if you are concerned about your personal business being out there in the open for anyone to see, choosing a collaborative divorce can relieve those concerns.
- You will be happier with the results: Collaborative divorce is all about negotiating, which means both you and your spouse will have a say in the outcome of your divorce settlement and a greater chance of being satisfied with it since you will not be leaving so many big decisions up to a judge.
Schedule a Free Case Review with a Collaborative Divorce Attorney Today!
Do you wish to avoid having to go to court in order to dissolve your marriage? At Sherwood, Johnson & Poles, our team of collaborative divorce attorneys can help you achieve an amicable resolution that will save you time, money, and keep you out of court. Our legal team has the experience and compassion that is necessary to effectively guide you throughout this process and ensure results that address your needs and goals as you move forward with a new chapter in life.
Do not hesitate to hire a collaborative divorce attorney. Call our law office today at (888) 224-1218 to schedule a free initial case review with one of our attorneys to discuss your case and learn more about how we can assist you.