Mr. Poles is admitted to practice law in New Jersey and New York. He practices exclusively in the areas of Matrimonial and Family Law and handles all aspects of those matters including divorce, custody and parenting time, alimony and child support, equitable distribution of property, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, and post-judgment family-related matters. After graduating from law school, he served as the Law Clerk to the Honorable William R. DeLorenzo, Jr., J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Family Part and also as a Mediator for both family and Special Civil law suits as part of his Law Clerk responsibilities. Mr. Poles has been selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, a list published by Thomson Reuters and which features no more than 2.5% of New Jersey attorneys as featured in New Jersey Monthly Magazine. Mr. Poles also volunteers for New Jersey’s Mandatory Early Settlement Panel Program in Bergen County. He also served on the executive committee for the NJ State Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Division in 2016-2017.
- New Jersey, 2011
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer, Rising Star, According to New Jersey Monthly Magazine 2014-2023
- Bergen County’s Top Lawyers 2017; 2022
- New Jersey's Best Lawyers for Families 2019
- Best Lawyer’s Ones to Watch 2022 and 2023
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Under 40
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys “10 Best Under 40 Client Satisfaction Award”
- 10.0 Avvo Rating
No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Our firm and our lawyers have been recognized by various publications or organizations in their rankings. To understand how the rankings were determined, please see the links and comments below.
- Recognition by Best Lawyers® is based on peer review. Nominee attorneys are divided by geographic region and practice area, and are evaluated by their peers on the basis of professional expertise. Those who receive high peer reviews undergo an additional vetting process to verify they are currently practicing and in good standing with their respective bar associations. See https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology for more detail
- Super Lawyers is a publication of Thomson Reuters. The selection process is conducted by an independent firm that determines which lawyers in New Jersey have attained a high degree of peer recognition & professional achievement. The selection process can be viewed at https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection-process/
- Nominations for New Jersey Family’s Best NJ Lawyers for Families are collected on njfamily.com at njfamily.com/lawyers. The campaign to nominate exceptional lawyers to the program is also shared through advertisements on njfamily.com, in New Jersey Family magazine and through New Jersey Family social media channels (Facebook and Instagram).
- For Bergen Magazine, DataJoe Research of Fort Collins, Colorado, a software and research company specializing in data collection and verification, conducted a peer-review survey of more than 3,500 lawyers across Bergen County. Recipients were asked to provide information on which attorneys (other than themselves) they considered the best, across dozens of specialties.
- The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys uses a thorough selection process to determine the top family law attorneys in each state. With thousands of attorneys in each state, the NAFLA’s rigourous, independent selection process resolves the challenge of attorneys claiming to be “the best” without basis for such claims. To learn more about the selection process see www.nafla.net/selection-process. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.”.
- American Institute of Family Law (10 Best Client Satisfaction; Top10 Under 40) “To be named an attorney must be formally nominated by the board, client, and/or fellow Attorney; have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating. To learn more about the selection process see www.aiofla.org. No aspect of this has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Avvo ratings are calculated using a mathematical model, and all lawyers are evaluated on the same set of standards. The model was developed with input from hundreds of attorneys, thousands of consumers, and many other legal professionals who deeply understand the work attorneys do. The Avvo Rating reflects the type of information people have identified as important when looking to hire an attorney. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating. Full Avvo methodology Avvo methodology.