Bergen County Spousal Support Attorneys
Seeking Alimony / Spousal Support in Bergen County?
When you turn to
Sherwood & Johnson, LLC for legal representation, you can count on our
Bergen County divorce attorneys to fight for you. Our personalized approach to family law cases means
we actively work with our clients to determine the best course of action
for your specific situation.
Our Bergen County Divorce Lawyers Are On Your Side
Alimony is more complex than you might realize. We aim to keep our clients
educated regarding the complexities involved in spousal support. We know
that divorce is already a strenuous process, and we are determined to
get you through this without added stress or concern.
Our law firm is prepared to help you understand each facet of alimony and
spousal support, including:
- Types of alimony and eligibility
- Duration and amount of alimony
- Situations that may warrant modification of alimony, such as a loss of
a job or change in income
- Current changes in the alimony law in our state
Types of Alimony in NJ
There are many different types of alimony that you can be ordered to pay,
depending on your situation. This includes open duration alimony, rehabilitative
alimony, limited duration alimony, and reimbursement alimony. We can work
with you to help you understand the types of spousal support which may
be available to you or your spouse.
To modify payment of alimony, you must prove to a judge that circumstances
changed in one of the following ways:
- The dependent spouse's needs have changed
- The dependent spouse's ability to contribute to his / her own needs
- The supporting spouse's ability to maintain the dependent spouse at
the former standard has changed
- The supporting spouse has lost a job
- The dependent spouse has increase his/her income level
- The supporting spouse has experienced a decrease in income
- The dependent spouse has experienced a decrease in income
- A change in circumstances arising from cohabitation of a recipient spouse
Have more questions? Contact Sherwood & Johnson, LLC today!
If you have more questions related to alimony or any aspect of divorce,
do not hesitate to speak with one of our
Bergen County divorce attorneys. We have
over 60 years of combined legal experience behind us and would love to assist you today. Our services are tailored
to the individual and the specific facts the case presents.